Monday, August 16, 2010

Postponement


My reupholstery project is suffering from an unexpected postponement.  I think most things that are postponed are done so unexpectedly though.  Disappointment set in this afternoon when I got ready to sew and instead of winding the bobbin, my machine gave an uncharacteristic whirring noise that sounded more like a cry for help than a machine ready to sew.  I keep reminding myself it's just a bump in the road and it is going to be copacetic because I have wonderful friends who have extra sewing machines that I'm going to be able to borrow.  I was hoping to have the project finished by Thursday and maybe that can still happen - we will see! So, in the meantime, I thought I would share something exciting and fun!

Kalyn made Star Student last week at school and had to complete a poster about herself over the weekend.



I couldn't get the stinker to really smile for a picture.  So, about our Star Student (in her words)...

  • When I grow up, I want to be a olmpic (olympic) swimmer.

  • My favorite subject is Social Studies.

  • I am a star student because I participated and listened.

  • I am proud of myself because I do my work correctly.

  • What I like most about school is my teacher.

  • I am good at math. 

Way to go, Kalyn!

I'll end with a few pictures of our precious daughter that I snapped while she we were working on the furniture this past Saturday. 











No comments:

Post a Comment