Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Lens!!

I've needed a new lens for some time now.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

As I take more and more photos and learn more about my camera, I see the value in each different lenses.  I have the standard lens that came with my camera and a telephoto zoom lens, but neither one of those is very good for taking portrait pictures of people or food indoors - without the flash.  I don't particularly like using my built-in flash. 

I've been looking at it for quite a long time now and was able to get it this week.  And oh my goodness.  I love it.  I've taken pictures of everything.  Everything.  Just to get a feel for it. 

Like my breakfast one morning...


and my dog waiting for me to drop something for him in the kitchen (gotta keep an eye on the floor)...





Or experimenting with the aperature and depth of field...





Or my burger at 5 Guys Sunday...



or my favorite subjects, my sweet husband and daughter...




I'm so thankful to have another way to record our memories!  I still have a lot to learn about this lens and taking photos with it, but I'm loving the results so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment