Monday, July 26, 2010

Adventures In Texas and Other Strange Goings On

This is Colonel. He has been our loyal furry friend for three years. To say that this guy is well traveled would be an understatement. He has traveled the length of the United States from Colorado to Georgia twice. Once by air and the other by vehicle. He has also set foot in the states of Oklahoma and Texas. This is the coolest dog I have ever had. I only can say this because I have had a lot of dogs. Growing up on a five lane highway you quickly learn that any day your dog will be consumed by a huge tractor trailer (Low Noon) or the mail lady (Snoopy). These are just two examples of the dogs who lost their lives to the treacherous Travis Field Road in Savannah, Georgia. Colonel went with us to Texas and he shed so much in the car I had to vacuum it three times to get the hair out and eventually I had to bring out the big gun known as "THE KIRBY". Colonel would go on to have loads of fun with Cash and Georgia at Aunt Lissie's house which would lead him into sleeping for a great deal of the time on the way home.
Can't say that he missed much on the way back. We went through Amarillo, Texas and Lubbock, Texas but both looked really run down and in need of some Obama stimulus money to get them rolling again. The great thing about Amarillo is the food. Coyote Bluff Cafe' in Amarillo has the best burger I have ever had in my entire life. It is known as the "Burger From Hell" it is a mountain of cheddar and mozzarella cheese covered with a special habanero sauce and green chiles. I have never eaten something so delicious in all my life. Just one tidbit. That guy from Man vs. Food ate it and I did too. So that says to me that maybe I am in the wrong line of work. I highly reccommend stopping by and trying the chile fries and the burgers. You will not be disappointed.

Coyote Bluff Cafe' Amarillo, Texas

Looks like a dive tastes like a dream.



Only Armadillo I saw in Texas.





1 comment:

  1. you forgot to tell the story about Colonel eating his blanket.

    ReplyDelete