I fell in love with it and decided to do my own version. I wanted to use the same words found on Design Intervention but use a technique I found on the blog, Tatertots and Jello.
I began by printing out the words for the project . Here is my stack of paper and my canvas.
I then cut out the words and made sure they fit onto the canvas. I'm so glad it was perfect because little did I know, the next step would take up my entire day! Here is a picture of the words laid out onto the canvas.
The next step took sooooooooooooooooooo loooooooong. And that doesn't even remotely convey how long it took. I traced all the letters onto contact paper and cut them out with craft scissors and an Exacto knife. I thought it would take me an hour or two to do this - but it took all day! I then adhered the contact paper letters to canvas and spray painted the canvas blue. I let the paint dry and removed the contact paper and this is how it turned out....
This was an inexpensive project because I used many things I already had around the house.
Here is my list of supplies:
Contact paper (already had on hand)
Spray paint (already had on hand - I had painted a lamp in my living room this same color a few weeks ago)
Stampin' Up! Crafters Tool Kit - This was a life-saver! It had so many useful tools in it that I used for this.
18" x 24" Canvas - This was the only thing I bought for this specifically. I purchased a 2-pack at Michael's for $14.99 and had a 40% coupon. It ended up being less than $5 for this one canvas.
I hung it up in our family room.
I'm not sure how I feel about it here, but thank goodness it's moveable!